Welcome to week number 12 of the renovations. We’re very much on the home stretch now and, according to the builder, we should be able to move back into the house by the end of April.
Time for a quick look at progress since the last update:
- enclosure purchased for the outside low voltage lighting and pergola audio. Managed to get a Legrand Atlantic 35430 lockable powder coated steel cabinet. It’s IP66-rated and weighs almost 10kg. The local electrical wholesaler has been trying to sell his three stock units for almost two years. So, instead of paying $357 for it, I paid just $120. TOTAL overkill for the intended application but half the price of an equivalent size polycarbonate unit.
- installation has started on the storage unit wall outside the new bathroom upstairs.
- hot water system partially installed
- locked-in the colour for the poly doors in the kitchen. We’re going with Dulux “Raku” PG2C7 in a gloss finish.
- picked up the light fitting for the front bedroom
- locked-in the colour for the outside feature wall which faces onto the pergola area outside – Taubman’s “Grape Popsicle”.