Nothing happened over the weekend, of course, and the builders were not on-site yesterday to allow the building (and dust!) to settle. Gave us a change to think through a number of minor scope changes and detail clarifications including:
- laundry cupboard door design
- downstairs shower glass screen length
- lighting preference (kitchen will be mostly LED which appeals to my inner geek)
- functional specifications for the new outdoor area/pergola
- kitchen floor – now tile finish, not floor boards
Had a very quick look inside on the way home from work tonight to discover the kitchen floor now looks like a swimming pool mid-construction! No idea what that’s all about – pipes and drainage perhaps? Of course, a slab has to be poured in that room, but surely it’s not doing to be 90cm thick?
Not sure what other progress has happened through the rest of the house as it didn’t feel safe poking-about there without the builder.
Microwave oven and dishwasher delivered, w00t!