Tomorrow, it all starts. Well, technically it started more than ten months ago when we first sat down with the architect to discuss what we wanted to do with our ye olde terrace house. But tomorrow the renovations get real when the builders start work.
A quick overview of the work to be done:
- add air conditioning upstairs and downstairs
- replace French doors in front bedroom
- remove fireplace in dining room; add new powerpoints; reinforce ceiling for new bathroom above;
- remove fireplace in spare bedroom above dining room and convert to master bathroom with linen storage/hallway to bedroom at rear; remove old split system air conditioner
- re-cut entry from dining room to kitchen to make it wider
- remove door in kitchen to side passageway and in-fill; completely gut kitchen including a ye olde concealed fuel stove and flue; create breakfast table area at end of kitchen (before laundry) with double doors out to side passageway; complete kitchen redesign
- gut and remodel downstairs bathroom laundry; remove door from laundry to back yard
- demolish outdoor area (pergola/decking) before it collapses; remove old outdoor dunny; create new pergola/decking
- miscellaneous repairs (eg damaged walls, floorboards etc)
While I’m far to useless to do any of these renovations myself, I *did* have a moment of home-handyman-ness when I successfully removed two of the old kitchen cabinets, plus one of the benches, and transplanted them into the garage for additional workspace/storage. Yay me!
As you can see from the images, the house is now all but emptied ahead of the mayhem which is unleashed at 7.30am tomorrow morning.